Wednesday, March 26, 2008

The Beginning

So, if my kids can do it, so can I. Here we go with my first attempt at blogging. I'm off today to Seogwipo, South Korea to visit my daughter. I'm very excited because I love to travel and I can't wait to see her. My sister is going with me and I'm sure we'll have a blast. Check back here later for details.

While I'm gone, they'll be working on our kitchen. A complete remodel is in process. Here's a picture of the current state of affairs:

This is where the sink used to be:

The front corner:


The original lathe and plaster from our 1914 house and a view looking down the hall. The two little eyes peeking out from the plastic are our dog, Lucy, who is quite unsettled by all the mess.


4 comments:

No Particular Place to Go said...

Great idea, especially the explanation, "because I can". Have fun in the Big K, with your middle K, and remodeling your other K.

From the 4th K (Brandt)

Aaron said...

Go, Mom, go! I can't believe how torn up the kitchen looks. oy!
I hope that you're having a good time in Korea, which is probably where you'll be when you read this ... that will put 3/5 of our family on this side of the world for the first time, possibly shifting the balance of ... the Earth? or something?
Anyway, now I can nag you about blogging, too!

Elizabeth said...

wow, is that our kitchen??

see you soon!

Anonymous said...

more humphrey family blogs! just what I wanted! (really)