Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Back in the US



I made it back safe and sound. We had a fun morning exploring the hotel's expansive grounds, complete with trout farm and greenhouse. Then we explored some more of Seogwipo by taxi and foot, even without Elizabeth. After school we had dinner with the principal, who is much higher status than those in the US, and the administration and English teachers. I had to sit across from the principal, eat with chopsticks, try to stay comfortable on the floor and make conversation with his limited English. He says Elizabeth has a good adaptation to Korean culture. I think that means they like her! Then we headed back to hotel to get our bags and thought we'd be taking the bus to the airport but after some confusion were driven by host mom and one of the English teachers came along. We drove near to Mt. Halla and had beautiful views of the whole island. In Jeju City we said goodbye and flew to Seoul. Then a train brought us to our hotel for the night. In the morning we took a shuttle bus to Incheon airport and Rachel and I parted ways. Me, to head home, her to downtown Seoul to meet friends of friends and explore the city. She heads home tomorrow. My flight was delayed for an hour but was otherwise fine and the time in Tokyo was nonexistent- off one flight, straight onto another. I was thrilled to have an empty seat next to me on the nearly full flight to Portland. Once in Portland I was met with Nate's shining face and a nice drive home. Now it's back to my regular life. Here's a shot from the trip:

More pictures to come.

No comments: