Sunday, December 21, 2008

The Deep Freeze Continues

We are still stuck in a frozen land. For nearly a week it has snowed, rained, sleeted, frozen, and snowed some more. We had one day of school last week. Now we are trying to get the kids home for Christmas. Aaron made it to Portland tonight but we can't get to him so he is staying with friends in Portland. We hope it warms up soon. Walking around tonight I saw many neighbors trees down, splintered and shattered with the weight of the ice. Here's a couple of (poor) pictures of the ice coating our yard. I got to walk to work at 6 am the last two days through a beautiful winter wonderland, everything white and quiet. But by now I'm tired of the white and cold and I'm ready to get out of the house!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree, ready to be done with this cold frozen land. Where is MY Oregon?