Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Last First Day

Today was a momentous day at our house - we took our last "first day of school" picture. Here's youngest son's first day of kindergarten and first day of senior year of high school.
I've always enjoyed the start of the school year. My mom verified that this week when she told me I always loved the first day of school.
To me it is more like New Years Day - a new beginning and much to look forward to.
I even loved it when my kids went off to school the first day- new challenges for them and back on a schedule for all of us. Every September we take a picture in front of our front door.
We have an amazing collection of these shots that measure size by the door frame and fashion by the outfits. I might feel a twinge of sadness today, not for Nate to be off to school but an end to an era and an end to the fight with mom over "why do we always have to take a picture?"

2 comments:

Robin said...

That kindergarten picture is adorable!!

Anonymous said...

Nate is almost too tall for the front door. We always did the picture taking too--what memories.